Lincoln Environmental Consulting – London Ontario
Contract converting to Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with various sized environmental projects with a focus on terrestrial environments;
- Designing and carrying out biological field investigations including breeding bird surveys, botanical inventories, Ecological Land Classification designation and field verifications, wildlife surveys (reptiles, amphibians, mammals, etc.) targeted species at risk surveys, and wetland delineation following established protocols;
- Assist with field studies, collect/enter/manage/analyze data and write technical reports;
- Perform a variety of field and office tasks requiring the application of standard scientific principles and fundamental theories;
- Conduct background information searches including literature reviews, database review and agency consultation to obtain environmental data;
- Make recommendations for site mitigation based on site characteristics;
- Assist with the preparation, review and presentation of reports and proposals;
- Assist with environmental site inspections;
- Willingness to travel and work outdoors in accessible and remote locations;
- Assist with writing project proposals.
- A minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience, preferably in consulting and field biology with emphasis on the ecosystems of Ontario;
- Completion of a B.Sc. in Biology, Ecology or Environmental Studies;
- Prior experience working on Environmental Assessments and applying provincial and federal environmental legislation for private, municipal, provincial and federal projects;
- Experienced with field survey protocols for birds, reptiles and amphibians, vascular plants;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated experience summarizing field data and writing technical reports;
- Applied experience in biology, ecology, botany and natural science including identification skills for birds/ other wildlife/vascular plants, wildlife identification skills and ability to delineate habitat types;
- Experience in the collection, analysis and reporting of field data following established protocols;
- RAQs qualified; Ecological Land Classification System certification; Ontario Wetland Evaluation System certification; and other certification considered an asset;
- Current St. John’s First Aid and CPR considered an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.;
- Valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Lincoln is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
NOTE: Until further notice this will be a home office position due to pandemic concerns.